Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Good Samaritan and the Social Safety Net

My friend Phil Fox Rose writes a lot of thoughtful pieces about the Christian life at the websites Busted Halo and Patheos. This week, he asked me to contribute a guest entry on the theme of faith and a political issue.The issue I chose comes directly from my life as a public librarian: how do you tell who deserves help and who doesn't? 



Anne Lindley: The Good Samaritan and the Social Safety Net

As a Christian, I believe Jesus was not kidding when He said “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Jesus talks about offering meat and drink, providing clothes, helping the sick. How about us? What should we do for our sisters and brothers? 

read more>

No comments:

Post a Comment